Advertised as a head-turner, Ford have pulled it off - heads will turn!
A bold move by Ford to bring the Puma name back for a compact crossover has paid off. Funky to look at, agile to drive, Ford has somehow managed to squeeze aggression, curves, and cuteness all into one when it comes to the brand-new Puma.
The Puma ST-Line bolsters an ST-style front bumper, bodywork, and alloys and they are very similar to that of the Puma ST model. In fact, they are so similar that if you take away the ST badge from the steering wheel, the red brake calipers, ST Recaro racing seats, and the dual chrome exhaust system from the Puma ST, it's hard to tell the difference in its stance from the ST-Line, (maybe until you put them on a drag strip together!)
Driving the Puma ST-Line
Test-driving the Puma last week brought a big smile to my face. Although the EcoBoost 1.0 MHEV 125 PS (Auto) doesn't have the power of Ford’s RS line, you find your grip tightening around the flat bottom, ST-Line steering wheel when you hit the more open and windy roads.
This model makes traveling from point A-to-B incredibly easy. Selectable drive modes like Normal, Eco, Sport, Slippery & Trail give you the confidence to tackle most driving terrain.
The throttle feels responsive to boot, but not overly sensitive.
It has an informative display, Ford SYNC 3 Navigation with DAB, 8" TFT touchscreen. This includes handy apps like Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, hands-free calling, GPS, and Bluetooth®
The Puma Interior
The compact, but not cramped, driving interior looks and feels great. A design that feels inspired by the Ford Fiesta of recent years. The backseats are a great size for 2 adults and 1 child. For added storage space, the Megabox under the main boot is a huge plus, particularly for young families, with an extra 80 litres of space. In summary, the Ford Puma is an all-around fantastic family hatchback.
Key Exterior Features
• 17" 5x2 spoke alloy wheels - Black machined finish
• Unique ST-Line body colour front bumper and body colour rear bumper with diffuser
• Sports suspension
• Large rear spoiler
• ST-Line badge
• Chrome exhaust
• Projector Headlamps with LED daytime running lamps
• Power-foldable heated door mirrors
• Ford SYNC 3 Navigation with DAB, 8" TFT touchscreen display, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, hands-free calling, GPS, Bluetooth®, FordPass Connect (Embedded Modem) and two USB ports
• Rear parking sensors
• Pre-collision assist with AEB
Key Interior Features
• 12.3" full digital instrument cluster
• Manual air conditioning
• ST-Line flat-bottomed leather steering wheel with unique red stitching
• Black leather-trimmed handbrake handle with red stitching
• Sports-style stainless steel pedals with rubber inserts (manual transmission only)
• Aluminium gearshift knob
• Sports-style front seats including 4-way manual seat adjustment with manual lumbar support
• Dark headliner
• Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC)
• Pre-collision assist with autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
• Cruise control
• Lane-keeping system and lane departure warning Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
• 4.2" colour TFT high series analogue cluster
• Ford MegaBox (Extended boot space)
• Selectable drive modes (Normal, Eco, Sport, Slippery & Trail)